Vastern takes every effort to source wood from well managed forests certified by the FSC.
Why use wood?
Wood is without a doubt the most environmentally friendly building material on earth:
- Wood is renewable. It is constantly growing.
- Wood is sustainable. Harvesting the older trees allows the younger ones to grow creating a healthy and everlasting woodland environment.
- Wood is a good insulator, helping to reduce our energy usage.
- Unlike other materials such as plastic, wood can be disposed of, or recycled at the end of its useful life without detriment to the environment.
Using British wood is even better!
- British wood has not had to travel half way around the world adding to carbon emissions.
- British forestry is tightly controlled by the Forestry Commission.
- Every pound you spend on British wood helps ensure that our forests keep growing in size.
- British forestry supports a web of rural trades and crafts.